The following is a list of currently available employment opportunities with Utah Medical Products, Inc.®. UTMD is actively seeking individuals to fill these positions and encourages those who qualify to submit their application.
To apply for one of these positions, see the How To Apply page for instruction on sending in your resume and cover letter.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If none of these positions match what you are looking for, you may still submit your resume and cover letter. Your information will be kept in the UTMD human resource database. The next time a position opens up, UTMD looks for potential matches in this file before beginning a wider search.
You are also encouraged to return to this page often, since the listing is continually updated.
- Assembly Operators - Midvale, Utah
1. Performs component assembly, sub-assembly, inspection, testing and packaging tasks consistent with written procedures and work station assignments.
2. Keeps simple records as prescribed.
Complies with quality assurance guidelines, including maintaining cleanliness.
1. Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide in specified units of measure)
2. Ability to apply common sense to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
Ability to read, understand and follow manufacturing procedures pertaining to job function.
Ability to consistently be at work when scheduled, and work constructively with others.
Multiple positions available. If you are interested in this job and meet the requirements requested, please fill out an application (applications are available at the north reception desk).
Utah Medical Products, Inc.
7043 South 300 West
Midvale, UT 84047
- Accounts Payable Specialist - Midvale, Utah
1. Enters invoices accurately and efficiently into computerized accounts payable system.
2. Ensures all required back-up documentation is present and properly matched to invoices.
Ensures all invoices are paid within vendor terms and consistent with Company policy.
Answers vendor inquiries professionally, in a responsive manner.
Reconciles statements from vendors, identifying any missing invoices.
6. Assists with preparation/retrieval of required accounts payable documentation for annual audit.
7. Reconciles accounts payable balances at end of each month.
8. Prepares and files unclaimed property reports accurately and on time.
9. Prepares deposit of checks received daily.
10. Prepares and files annual 1099’s accurately and by date required.
11. Assumes any other responsibilities and special projects assigned by accounting supervisor.
1. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
2. Able to work productively with minimal supervision.
Must be detail-oriented, and be able to concentrate, making minimal errors.
Basic knowledge of accounting helpful.
5. Must be able to work to consistently meet deadlines.
6. Good interaction skills a must.
7. Prior A/P experience is preferred but not required.
8. Must comply in good faith with the Company’s Code of Conduct, including complying with good work ethic policies.
- Corporate Sales and Marketing Specialist - Midvale, Utah
1. Direct interaction with medical facilities to answer questions, and promote the use of UTMD’s devices.
2. Organization and execution of focused sales initiatives.
Representation of UTMD at clinical meetings and trade shows.
Participation in marketing projects such as development of training materials, product brochures and new product development.
1. College degree in science is preferred.
2. Good listening and communication skills.
Able to consistently meet deadlines.
Must be willing to comply in good faith with the Company’s Code of Conduct.
- Injection Molding Process/Setup Senior Technician - Midvale, Utah
Job Description / Primary Functions:
1. Responsible for the efficient set-up and operation of silicone and thermoplastic injection molding machines (including auxiliary equipment) for the production of precision molded components. Trouble-shoot and determine root causes quality/part issues. Change inserts and cores as required.
2. Mold processing and process troubleshooting of various types of injection molding and extrusion equipment to ensure optimum quality of parts produced.
Ensure that correct materials and procedures are utilized, and that room organization and cleanliness is maintained.
Train molding operators in the safe operation of machines and equipment.
Execute daily tasks in accordance with production schedule.
6. Identify and recommend improvements to molds and equipment.
7. Work with the Quality and Engineering departments to maintain and improve process control.
Assist Engineering in validation of new tools and testing of repaired tools.
Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned by operations management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of plastic and silicone rubber injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
2. Ability to understand a variety of instructions, including mechanical drawings.
Good communication skills and a positive attitude with coworkers.
Compliance with the Company’s Code of Conduct, including a work ethic consistent with all Company policies.
Basic computer skills (spreadsheets, word processing, etc.).
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 2-year technical degree preferred.
- Quality Engineer - Midvale, Utah
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Manages complaint handling system.
2. Schedules, conducts and/or reviews internal quality audits.
Maintains records of internal corrective actions, and participates in routine MRB.
Participates in review of R&D and manufacturing projects.
Gathers, prepares and presents Company Quality Assurance-related reports.
6. As assigned: develops defect criteria for use in existing products/raw materials, analyzes/investigates defect causes, inspects/tests products/raw materials to determine compliance, failure mode, etc., and participates in company-wide quality-improvement efforts.
7. Confers with all levels of management to address QA issues and coordinate activities.
Works well with others.
Attends work on all scheduled work days and during scheduled work hours, except where otherwise permitted by immediate supervisor or management, in compliance with company attendance policy. Follows all other company policies and procedures, as set forth in the Employee Handbook and elsewhere, regarding employment.
Performs all the essential functions of the job independently using own initiative.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (BS) from a four-year college or university and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems logically and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited guidance might exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* * UTMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer * *