The following is a list of currently available employment opportunities with Utah Medical Products, Inc.®. UTMD is actively seeking individuals to fill these positions and encourages those who qualify to submit their application.
To apply for one of these positions, see the How To Apply page for instruction on sending in your resume and cover letter.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If none of these positions match what you are looking for, you may still submit your resume and cover letter. Your information will be kept in the UTMD human resource database. The next time a position opens up, UTMD looks for potential matches in this file before beginning a wider search.
You are also encouraged to return to this page often, since the listing is continually updated.
- Assembly Operators - Midvale, Utah
1. Performs component assembly, sub-assembly, inspection, testing and packaging tasks consistent with written procedures and work station assignments.
2. Keeps simple records as prescribed.
Complies with quality assurance guidelines, including maintaining cleanliness.
1. Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide in specified units of measure)
2. Ability to apply common sense to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
Ability to read, understand and follow manufacturing procedures pertaining to job function.
Ability to consistently be at work when scheduled, and work constructively with others.
Multiple positions available. If you are interested in this job and meet the requirements requested, please fill out an application (applications are available at the north reception desk).
Utah Medical Products, Inc.
7043 South 300 West
Midvale, UT 84047
- Accounts Payable Specialist - Midvale, Utah
1. Enter vendor invoices accurately and efficiently into accounts payable system.
2. Ensure all required documentation is present and properly matched.
Ensure all invoices are paid within vendor terms and available discounts are taken.
Answer vendor inquiries professionally and in a timely manner.
Review statements from vendors for missing invoices.
6. Assist with preparation/retrieval of required accounts payable documentation for annual audit.
7. Prepare and file unclaimed property reports accurately and on time.
8. Prepare deposit of checks received daily.
9. Prepare and file annual 1099’s accurately and by date required.
10. Any other responsibilities and special projects assigned by supervisor.
1. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
2. Able to work with minimal supervision.
Must be detail oriented.
Basic knowledge of accounting helpful.
5. Must be able to work to tight deadlines.
6. Good customer service skills a must.
7. Experience is preferred but not required.
- Senior Accountant - Midvale, Utah
1. Assign accounts receivable collection priorities to ensure timely collections and excellent customer service. This position serves as back-up to the Accounts Receivable specialist for customer calls, sales tax returns, etc.
2. Ensure accuracy of cost accounting system to include processing of standard cost changes.
Perform month-end closing duties including review of international subsidiaries to ensure accuracy of financial statements.
Prepare draft of financial statements on a monthly and quarterly basis.
Process and track capital expenditure projects and fixed asset inventory.
Prepare various journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
Perform internal audits to ensure compliance with company policy.
Ensure compliance with sales tax laws of various jurisdictions.
Special projects as assigned by the Principal Financial Officer.
Job Skill Requirements:
1. Strong analytical and computer skills.
2. Detail-oriented, hard working, and ability to learn quickly.
Willingness to accept additional duties as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree (Accounting preferred).
- Warehouse Distribution and Shipping Clerk - Midvale, Utah
1. Pulls and prepares order for air ground, and truck, in accordance with established shipping procedures.
2. Pulls and delivers in-house raw materials, supplies or finished good orders.
Inventories goods and maintains accurate inventory records in accordance to GMP, FIFO, shelf life, and sterilization. Also, maintains cycle counting program.
Stores goods, materials, equipment and supplies by placing them in their proper shelf location, via forklift, pallet jacks, hand trucks, etc.
Other duties include packaging, scheduling, shipping and receiving, housekeeping tasks, return shipments, etc.
1. Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
2. Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure.
Ability to use computer-based system.
Must have drivers license and possess good driving record.
5. Requires physical strength to regularly lift, push, pull, carry, handle, and move up to 25 lbs.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer Service Representative (Level I) - Midvale, Utah
1. Accurately processes customer orders coming by telephone, fax or internet.
2. Timely processes customer sample requests, complaints and product literature requests.
Assists in shipping/distribution as needed.
Performs general clerical duties, including filing.
1. Ability to read, write and speak English.
2. Positive interaction skills; including friendly, professional telephone interaction.
Accurate 10-key keyboarding skill.
Customer service experience preferred.
5. Basic working understanding of computer software - MS Word and Excel working familiarity a plus.
6. Must comply in good faith with the Company’s Code of Conduct, including a work ethic that complies with all Company policies.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
- Injection Molding Process/Setup Technician - Midvale, Utah
Job Description / Primary Functions:
1. Responsible for the efficient set-up and operation of silicone and thermoplastic injection molding machines (including auxiliary equipment) for the production of precision molded components. Trouble-shoot and determine root causes quality/part issues. Change inserts and cores as required.
2. Mold processing and process troubleshooting of various types of injection molding and extrusion equipment to ensure optimum quality of parts produced.
Ensure that correct materials and procedures are utilized, and that room organization and cleanliness is maintained.
Train molding operators in the safe operation of machines and equipment.
Execute daily tasks in accordance with production schedule.
6. Identify and recommend improvements to molds and equipment.
7. Work with the Quality and Engineering departments to maintain and improve process control.
Assist Engineering in validation of new tools and testing of repaired tools.
Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned by operations management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of plastic and silicone rubber injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
2. Ability to understand a variety of instructions, including mechanical drawings.
Good communication skills and a positive attitude with coworkers.
Compliance with the Company’s Code of Conduct, including a work ethic consistent with all Company policies.
Basic computer skills (spreadsheets, word processing, etc.).
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 2-year technical degree preferred.
- Quality and Manufacturing Engineer - Midvale, Utah
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Manages complaint handling system.
2. Schedules, conducts and/or reviews internal quality audits.
Maintains records of internal corrective actions, and participates in routine MRB.
Participates in review of R&D and manufacturing projects.
Gathers, prepares and presents Company Quality Assurance-related reports.
6. As assigned: develops defect criteria for use in existing products/raw materials, analyzes/investigates defect causes, inspects/tests products/raw materials to determine compliance, failure mode, etc., and participates in company-wide quality-improvement efforts.
7. Confers with all levels of management to address QA issues and coordinate activities.
Works well with others.
Attends work on all scheduled work days and during scheduled work hours, except where otherwise permitted by immediate supervisor or management, in compliance with company attendance policy. Follows all other company policies and procedures, as set forth in the Employee Handbook and elsewhere, regarding employment.
Performs all the essential functions of the job independently using own initiative.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (BS) from a four-year college or university and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems logically and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited guidance might exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* * UTMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer * *